Where:The Mountain Club on Loon, Lincoln, NH
90 Loon Mountain Rd, Lincoln, NH. 03251
When: September 15th, 2018 (Saturday)
Tuition: $250 – Payment type: PayPal/credit card, or check (please contact Celeste)
Contact: For more information please contact Total Immersion Master Coach Celeste email@example.com
- Description: This 7 hour course takes you through the foundational Total Immersion drills and strategies for full stroke mechanics. We give you the skills to take home to build your stroke the Kaizen way. Over time the results will be a freestyle stroke that is faster, easier, and more efficient for the long haul. You will receive copy of your video for your viewing after the clinic, including instructor comments to remind you of your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
We’ll teach you the four key skills of efficient Freestyle:
1. Cooperate with Gravity – Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance – Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your body – Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Total Immersion Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and leg churning.
4. Breathe easy – We’ll also introduce the skills for breathing easily as you swim. With practice, you will become less breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
WHAT TO BRING: For the classroom: Pad and pen for note taking. For the pool: An extra suit if you want dry ones for the second swim, an extra pair of goggles – just in case, towels are available at the club, water bottle and a snack.
We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge.
LODGING: the Mountain Club on Loon www.mtnclub.com. When booking your room,
mention the Total Immersion Swim workshop to receive your room discount.
TRANSFER POLICY: Weekend workshops: If a request to transfer is received 8 days or more prior to the workshop, a $100.00 transfer fee per person will be applied to a future workshop, and the deposit will be credited toward that workshop.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Weekend workshops: NO REFUND will be issued for cancellations LESS THAN 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop unless a doctor’s note can be provided. For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, any monies paid-$250-will be refunded in full or transferred to any future workshop within one year of initial registration.
7:00 a.m. sharp we start, foundations of TI.
- 8:00-10:00 a.m. in the pool.
- 10:00- 11:00 classroom
- 11:00-1:00 in the pool.
- 1:00-2:00 Classroom Wrap-up and final video review